Table of Contents
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with simp_options
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module provides variables needed by one or more SIMP module.
This is a SIMP module
This module is a component of the System Integrity Management Platform, a compliance-management framework built on Puppet.
Most SIMP modules actively take advantage of this module when used within the SIMP ecosystem.
simp_options module primarily provides variables that are
- Enablers of capabilities provided or used by SIMP modules.
- Data that describes the configuration of a site.
- The scope of the data is larger than the scope of a single module.
- 0..n unrelated profiles might make use of this data.
Some of these variables support SIMP's security compliance reporting.
What simp_options affects
The variables provided by
simp_options are used by SIMP modules to
enable and/or configure capabilities.
Beginning with simp_options
simp_options is configured for you when you run
simp config on your SIMP
system. Otherwise, setup is simple: include the class as the first class in your
site.pp and select the desired capabilities through Hiera or your ENC.
environments/simp/hieradata/simp_defs.yaml file delivered with the
simp puppet module is an example file that can be used to create the
appropriate hieradata for your site.
TODO - Need to describe the nuances of the global catalysts?
- More details of what they do than what is in each manifest
- How they are related/interoperate.
- Any bad stuff that can happen if you don't enable them.
TODO - Anything to put here? Module is trivial, so further explanation doesn't seem warranted.
This module is applicable to SIMP systems or systems containing SIMP components.
Please see the SIMP Contribution Guidelines.